Cisco Management & Security
Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS)
Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) is the industry’s leading platform for comprehensive lifecycle management of 802.11n and 802.11a/b/g enterprise-class wireless networks. This cost-effective management solution enables IT administrators to successfully plan, deploy, monitor, troubleshoot, and report on indoor and outdoor wireless networks.
As the management platform for the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, Cisco WCS:
- Significantly reduces operational costs with built-in tools, guides, and templates that accommodate both new and experienced IT administrators
- Improves IT efficiency through an intuitive GUI and flexible ease of use
- Minimizes IT staffing requirements through centralized operational control
- Easily scales to meet the needs of small, midsize, and large-scale wireless LANs across local, remote, national, and international locations
Cisco WCS delivers full visibility and control of Cisco Aironet access points, Cisco wireless LAN controllers, Cisco CleanAir (formerly Spectrum Expert), and the Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE) with built-in support for adaptive wireless intrusion prevention systems (wIPS) and context-aware services.
With Cisco WCS, IT administrators can help ensure smooth Wi-Fi performance, enhance network security, and deliver an optimal wireless experience to all Wi-Fi devices, tags, and mobile users. Cisco WCS is the ideal management platform for reducing the total cost of ownership and maintaining a business-ready wireless network.
Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS)
Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) is an access policy control platform that helps you comply with growing regulatory and corporate requirements. By integrating with your other access control systems, it helps improve productivity and contain costs. It supports multiple scenarios simultaneously, including:
- Device administration: Authenticates administrators, authorizes commands, and provides an audit trail
- Remote Access: Works with VPN and other remote network access devices to enforce access policies
- Wireless: Authenticates and authorizes wireless users and hosts and enforces wireless-specific policies
- Network admission control: Communicates with posture and audit servers to enforce admission control policies
Cisco Secure ACS lets you centrally manage access to network resources for a growing variety of access types, devices, and user groups. These key features address the current complexities of network access control:
- Support for a range of protocols including Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and non-EAP protocols provides the flexibility to meet all your authentication requirements
- Integration with Cisco products for device administration access control allows for centralized control and auditing of administrative actions
- Support for external databases, posture brokers, and audit servers centralizes access policy control and lets you integrate identity and access control systems
- Available in a Windows Software Version, a Stand-Alone Server Version (ACS Solution Engine) and an Express Version the ACS Solution Engine Express.