Wireless Ethernet Platform – AirPair Series
Need a flexible bandwidth radio platform than can scale rapidly to meet the growing demands on your backhaul network? AirPair meets the critical needs demanded by carrier class customers delivering a wireless GigE/100bT connection of up to 500 Mbps full duplex over licensed or unlicensed frequency allocation in an indoor or all-outdoor environment. AirPair can scale from 10 to 500 Mbps in 10 Mbps increments via a simple software configuration.
- 11-38 GHz Frequency Support
- 500 Mbps full duplex capacity
- Indoor/Outdoor split
- 19″ 1U-high rack mountable option
- Adaptive Modulation
- 100ms Ring/Mesh Switching
|24 GHz UL||X||X||X||X||X|
|24 GHz DEMS||X||X|
Evolving legacy networks to WiMax or LTE? Simplify the transition. Easily migrate to native IP networks and still support legacy TDM services with DragonWave’s AirPair Unite product line.
The Unite line of products offers service providers the best of both worlds by integrating the pseudowire functionality of SDU-DS3 with the native Ethernet performance of Dragon Wave’s world-class AirPair IDU – all within a single 1RU platform.
Unite delivers 8 E1 or T1 interfaces coupled with GigE Ethernet interfaces for the transport of mixed traffic over the same network. The bandwidth allocation between the TDM and Ethernet ports is seamless and automatic. The E1/T1 ports consume bandwidth only when in use, leaving the bandwidth available for Ethernet traffic.
Using standards-compliant Pseudowire technology, DragonWave converts the TDM interfaces into Ethernet packets and combines this traffic with traffic from native Ethernet sources to create a single transport layer. This approach offers service providers the following benefits:
- significant cost savings derived from converging functions onto a single low-cost Ethernet switching platform and from eliminating duplication;
- a simplified converged, single network (rather than parallel networks) that is easier and less expensive to manage; and
- minimal churn costs since the core of the network is not affected by changing traffic routing or traffic types.
DragonWave’s ability to deliver ultra-low latency and ultra-low latency variability for the backhaul layer is central to its support. DragonWave’s Unite product line is highly focused on delivering this performance from the design process on. As a result, service providers can achieve world class delay performance while still ensuring support for all service types and mixes.