Distributed Network Analysis
Intelligent 24/7 Enterprise-Wide Network Analysis
The OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite gives network engineers real-time visibility into every part of the network simultaneously from a single interface, including Ethernet, Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, 802.11a/b/g/n wireless, VoIP, Video, and WAN links to remote offices.
Using the OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite, network protocol engineers can rapidly troubleshoot faults and fix problems to maximize network uptime and user satisfaction.
The OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite comprises OmniPeek network protocol analyzers and consoles, as well as distributed OmniEngine software probes, Omnipliance Network Recorders, and OmniAdapter Analysis Cards, which continuously capture, analyze and store data at remote locations on the network.
An Architecture Designed to Support Busy Enterprise Networks
The difference between a collection of tools and a genuine distributed architecture is the way components work together to solve a problem without creating adverse effects. Having delivered deep packet inspection and network protocol analysis solutions to thousands of customers throughout the world, WildPackets understands that to be successful, a distributed network analysis solution has to analyze a network without interfering with it. Analysis products that require the pushing of full packet streams across the network to a waiting console only degrade the performance of the network being debugged. To accelerate troubleshooting without degrading network performance, administrators need a distributed analysis solution.
The OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite distributes both network traffic capture and analysis. OmniEngine software probes perform full seven-layer protocol analysis, including Expert Analysis, locally. The only traffic crossing the network is the specific analytical results (not a full network packet stream) requested by the OmniPeek console. The result is a feather-light load on the network and the fastest possible delivery of Expert Analysis data to the administrator.
IT teams can deploy the OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite, confident that it will provide valuable insight to network administrators without compromising the performance of mission-critical communications.
Designed for Integration and Customization
The OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite is more than a collection of powerful tools—it is a complete network analysis platform that can be:
- Integrated with other Network Operations Center applications, so that WildPackets’ award-winning network analysis technology is always only a mouse click away
- Extended to analyze specific protocol and traffic patterns associated with an organization’s most important applications
The OmniPeek Distributed Analysis Suite:
- Monitors entire enterprise networks, including network segments at remote offices
- Provides real-time analysis of mission-critical network services
- Secures diagnostic communications so analysis never compromises security
- Optimizes diagnostic communications to minimize impact on networks using Intelligent Data Transport™
- Is flexible, scalable, and extensible to grow with network needs
- Monitors and troubleshoots Voice and Video over IP applications without having to invest in stand-alone tools or special hardware
- Analyzes application performance in the context of overall network activity
Distributed Analysis Products:
- OmniPeek Network Analyzer
Serving a dual role as both a portable network protocol analyzer and as a software console for OmniEngines, our distributed network probes, OmniPeek offers an intuitive, easy-to-use graphical interface that engineers can use to rapidly analyze and troubleshoot enterprise networks.
- OmniEngine Software Probe
Building on WildPackets’ award-winning network analysis technology, OmniEngine software performs real-time network packet and protocol analysis on traffic from one or more network interfaces, including Ethernet, 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless, Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, and WAN.
- OmniVirtual VMWare Probe
OmniVirtual is a lightweight traffic-capture service that enables IT engineers to capture and analyze traffic on virtual servers.
- Omnipliance Network Recorder
The WildPackets Omnipliance is a turnkey network forensics solution that gives network engineers unprecedented, real-time and post-capture visibility into remote network segments.
- OmniAdapter Analysis Cards
The WildPackets family of OmniAdapters use state-of-the-art hardware and FPGA technology to provide the high-performance analysis of Gigabit and 10 Gigabit networks.
For more information on these or other products, please call or email us.